Monday, May 23, 2011

Waiting for the Stork.

When I was very young I asked my mom a question that seemed logical to me at the time. We were driving past our bottom field when I saw a mama cow licking its baby. I looked over to my mom and lovingly asked, "Mom, how do cows get married?" I can't remember my mother's exact response, but I'm sure that one went down in the quote book.

I remember this moment, because I now have three baby calves on the ground back at home. Of course, this is killing me not being able to ooooh and awwww them at home, but I'm sure that's good for me to have to wait a bit. They are much cuter when they are a few days old anyway, because they have had time to fluff up and get their sea legs.

One wouldn't think 9 months would take so long, but it sure did! I'm so happy to have babies now so that I can enjoy them in all their little calf cuteness glory! They also make for great educational opportunities in terms of videos and whatnot!

This is Fiona from last year's calf crop, but Sunday Rose, Little Miss Sunshine, and the newest brown calf were born yesterday and today! We will have 5 more on the way soon! I can't wait to go home to love them!

Sin-steer-ly,
Malorie

0 comments:

Post a Comment