Sunday, January 16, 2011

I Know Where I'm Going

I know where I'm going
Don't you wanna come too?


Lyrics to a song that I know most of the words too that brings back great childhood memories. Artist? You mean artists! The Judds: my childhood duo of music. Most anytime I would buckle my seat belt in my mom's '91 gray Ford Explorer, we'd fire up the cassette tape player and I'd start digging through our tape holding case. Black, with a handle, much like a plastic breif case. Depending on my mood as an innocent young girl, we'd blast the tunes and sing at the top of our lungs. I always thought my mom and I could be like Naomi and Wynonna, mother-daughter duo. Mo and Mallie. Has a nice ring to it. As I listen to the words sung on my iTunes now I begin to miss my mama. But I know she'll always be with me where ever I am. No matter if she is three and a half hours away, at home. The Explorer has been long gone in my life, but the memories of singing with my mama will never leave me!



I'm an only child. Always have been and always will be my mama's joy, and my mama will always be my hero. It gives me great excitement as I listen to these songs sung by the Judds, my familiar traveling tunes from childhood, and I STILL know almost every word to these songs! It amazes me that my brain can be such a trap when it comes to certain things like this.

Listening to these songs sure has put me in a great mood today! It's beautiful here in SLO and I have it all to enjoy just outside my window! So maybe it will be a "girl's night out. Honey there ain't doubt I'm gonna dance every dance until the boys go home. Well it's my night to rock. No watching that clock. Oh ain't no doubt, Lordy! It's a girl's night out!"

Tomorrow I will continue my SLO time adventures and climb another peak with my roommate! That is sure to be gorgeous! So I know where I'm going. Did you wanna come too?

~Malorie

0 comments:

Post a Comment