Friday, January 7, 2011

1st Friday

Hello!

Today is the first Friday of 2011, and I have been celebrating it as such! I had one class this morning and a meeting this afternoon, and then I ran some errands and worked out a little bit. I classify this as a usual day, but today one thing was out of place. Usually every Friday for the past 52 weeks I have blogged. Not all the time on this blog, but another blog: the National Beef Ambassador Blog. I blogged about my activities, my feelings on beef related issues, and about me in general. Today is the first Friday of 2011, and I didn't have to blog on the National Beef Ambassador Blog, because my term expired on December 31, 2010. I have had this blog for some time, but I'd like to begin on of my New Year's resolutions and blog on my personal blog more often.
I titled this blog "Love Agriculture", because I do. I love everything about it. Today, being the first Friday of the year and the day that I only have one class, I'd like to tell you a little bit about the class. I'm enrolled in Soil Science 121 at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo.
I've heard that this class is challenging, but like usual I like to keep an open mind about my classes and feel them out for myself. The other day I found it a bit easier to like the class, even though I do find it interesting, because my professor and I have something in common: PASSION. This woman is so passionate about dirt, I doubt I will ever find anyone else in my life like her. Granite I realize she is a scientist in her field (drum line, please!), yet she shows her passion about soil through her teaching. She said something today that made me smile. She said this: "Oh my gosh! (Pointing to the white, sandy E horizon on the power point screen) Isn't it the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? Well, okay maybe not EVER seen. Come ON guys, I think it's great!" I giggled a bit, because I realized that this is precisely what I do to the people around me. "Oh my gosh, guys! LOOK! A cow! It has the most beautiful hide I've ever seen!! Guys? Guys?" By this time my friends are usually rolling their eyes at me or poking fun at my fascination with cattle! But it's no skin off my nose, because I love it! My professor loves soil, so I'm going to trust her, because I would trust me and my love for cows.
Until next time! Happy Friday everyone, and here's to what you love in life!
Sin-steer-ly,
Malorie

0 comments:

Post a Comment